If you can not answer this question with 100% confidence that a fire, theft or natural disaster that destroys your office, much less a computer crash, would not bring your practice to its knees, then you need to take action now!
Where is your Critical Data Stored?
If your office is like 80% of those we have seen, computer backup is something that has been discussed, but little action has been taken.
Most offices still think a 3.5″ floppy disk slapped in a computer it taking care of backing up their computer systems.
The more thoughtful offices have actually come up with a computer backup process. This typically consists of an external hard drive that files are copied onto.
This is a great first step to backing up your computer. The issue is still…
Again, we’ve seen many practices handle this situation by having an employee take that external hard drive home at night.
What would happen if that employee is robbed and the hard drive stolen? Do you know what to do next?
At shortcircuited.us, we focus on one thing: computer and network backup for businesses that have compliance issues they must uphold.
In HIPAA data backup regulations and those requirements that are put on medical offices (or any business that deals with ePHI) for disaster recovery, data backup and off site computer backup. The Department of Health and Human Services has a very stringent set of rules, HIPAA, that govern many aspects of a medical office. Additionally, the HITECH Act is complicating the process even more.
With one click, you can bring a whole section of your business into compliance and greatly reduce stress.
The Easiest way to Fullfill 7 HHS HIPAA Requirements.
CompliantBackup will ensure your office complies with these 7 HIPAA regulations.
We provide office with full documentation of compliance making your life that much easier.
|The Security Rule (section 164) specifically requires, among other things,that the following safeguards be used to protect ePHI:
1. Data Backup Plan – 164.308(a)(7)(ii)(A)
For each of these security requirements, shortcircuited.us supports you in your compliance efforts:
1. Data Backup Plan – HIPAA regulations require you to backup your data. Additionally, storing your backup off site is the best defense against unexpected disasters. Off site backup is one of the best ways to protect your practice and reduce your risk from data losses. Your data backup plan should include CompliantBackup’s Easy Online Backup Manager, the most secure, cost-effective choice for data backup…and there is nothing to learn–no training. Our backup service is full service – that means we do it all for you!
2. Disaster Recovery Plan – In this uncertain world, a disaster recovery plan is worth its weight in gold, especially where critical patient data is involved. After a disaster; secure and immediate access to your data is crucial element of the disaster recovery process. If your servers go down or get damaged, rely on CompliantBackup to keep your data safe and accessible whenever and wherever you need it.
3. Emergency Mode Operations Plan – Some disasters and emergencies are more than just a server crash, but an actual disaster. If you have to execute your Emergency Mode Ops Plan, it means you’re dealing with an extended outage of your normal operations. In such a scenario, CompliantBackup’s Easy Online Backup Manager is your most reliable and secure data resource. You can run your operations from almost anywhere as long as you have your data. And nobody provides safer, more secure storage and access to your data than CompliantBackup’s Online Backup Manager.
4. Emergency Access Procedures – Emergency access may be needed for any number of reasons: a fire or flood in your building; a sudden legal challenge; or the death of a key IT employee. Just as with Emergency Mode Operations and Disaster Recovery, CompliantBackup’s facilitates secure, 24/7 access to your data whenever and wherever you need it.
5. Data Backup and Storage – Threats to your data can come from many directions: human error; theft or sabotage; device failures; etc. That’s why an essential requirement of HIPAA’s Security Rule is data backup and storage. Don’t make the mistake of storing and backing up you data on your own site. Experts universally agree that offsite storage, done right, is more secure than onsite storage, and reduces your risk of data loss. With CompliantBackup’s Easy Online Backup Manager, you can restore your data in mere seconds, all the way back to when you first started with our Online Backup Manager, from any day, on any file.
6. Contingency Operations – As with Emergency Mode Operations, Contingency Operations require you to keep working under difficult circumstances. When your operating environment is uncertain or in flux, CompliantBackup’s Easy Online Backup Manager is your rock-solid data resource, protecting your digital assets from hackers, natural disasters, or just a simple computer crash every day of the year.
7. Encryption & Decryption – Because it protects data from prying eyes, encryption and decryption were made an essential HIPAA requirement. CompliantBackup’s Online Backup Manager’s process compresses and encrypts prior to transmitting over a secure internet channel (SSL), so rest assured your data is safe. Our 128-bit SSL encryption is 100% guaranteed. CompliantBackup’s Online Backup Manager Helps You Fulfill Your HIPAA Compliance Requirements with it’s online backup. Like HIPAA Compliance itself, protecting your critical data is a huge responsibility. Because we built our systems and services for specifically for security and privacy, HIPAA Covered Entities can rely on our Online Backup Manager to blend seamlessly with their HIPAA compliance efforts.
At Shortcircuited.net we bring affordable video production to dental and medical offices.
Want to run video ads for your dental or medical practice online?
Compare our prices and services to companies like Einstein Dental.
Why spend $10,000 when you can get the same product for much less.
Our Prices start at $1500 for an introductory office package. You can use our videos for commercials, website promotions, youtube etc.
Everyone knows how important it is for your business to be seen. That is why businesses spend a minimum of almost $2,000 per month for a tiny advertisement in the Yellow Pages. Therefore, for a minimal investment, you can reach everyone on the Internet in the entire world! This is by far the greatest exposure for your business. The Internet is one of the only advertising mediums that can offer instant feedback from your target audience through online order tracking and surveys.
One of the biggest keys to the success on the Internet is growth! This is true for any business, which is why Webvision Online can handle minor updates to your existing website or create even a better one for you. Whatever your needs, we will find a way to make the Internet work for you. Don't wait for a second chance to make a first impression, call or email us today to increase your website traffic!
NY Search Engine Optimization:
Even though there are billions of websites worldwide, only a small percentage of them are properly optimized for search engines. The key to website success is a steady 'organic' traffic that comes from search engines. This way once a website is properly set up, the traffic will keep coming and coming. Contact us today for more information on our Search Engine Optimization Program.
What is Search Engine Optimization?
Search Engine Optimization or SEO is the process of improving website's listing position and therefore the amount of visitors (traffic) it receives from mainly Google, Yahoo and MSN. A higher listing position in the search engines for a particular keyword or keyphrase, dramatically increases the number of visitors and therefore sales on your website.
Why does my website need Search Engine Optimization?
It is estimated that more than 3/4 of internet users use search engine to locate a product or service online. The key to any online business success is to utilize the power of search engines and drive those visitors to your website. When a website is properly optimized for search engines, it can bring in hundreds or even thousands of internet users searching for the particular service or product your website is offering. The more visitors a website receives, the higher the chance of selling more products or services.
NY Search Engine Optimization Service includes:
Shortcircuited has years of experience and research in NY Search Engine Optimization strategies. Our Search Engine Optimization strategy involves both on-page optimization and off-page optimization. Some of the key features of our NY Search Engine Optimization Campaings include:
- Analyze your competition
- Come up with the best Search Engine Optimization plan that fits your website
- Analyze and recommend the best suited kewords and keyphrases
- Analyze your website for content and structure
- Search Engine and Online Website Directory submission
- Link building
- Tile, Meta and keyword tag optimization
- Monthly detailed reports of your visitors, traffic sources, SERPs listing position and more.
Search Engine Marketing (NY Internet Marketing):
Millions of people are utilizingsearch engines every day. This is why search engines offer paid marketing programs to help you in getting more exposure and visitors to your business. The top 3 players are Google Adwords, Yahoo YPN, and MSN adCenter. We will set up a marketing campaing for your business, including research and optimization of keywords that best suit you business. Afterwards we will monitor and optimize the campaign for maximum ROI (return on investment)
Why pay thousands of dollars for ads in yellow pages or others when you can have a targeted visitor to your website for as low as $.05 each by using the power of NJ Internet Marketing.
Webvision Online LLC will also set up daily limits for you; it doesn't matter if you want to spend $1/day or $100/day - We will work with every budget.
Paid NJ Internet Marketing is a great way to increase your website traffic and sales!
How to Keep Your Files Safe
As more and more people get into using their computers for more than just internet browsing and Solitaire there is an obvious gap in service as far as file backups go. People are accumulating thousands of photographs, MP3’s and other important files like resumes. Most large businesses have a good backup policy, but it can be pretty expensive. For the longest time small businesses and home users have had no real option to back up their files. Some people went and bought external hard drives to back up their files but they can have a high failure rate as well. Some people burn data to CD’s but they are easily lost or damaged. Even if you choose one of the above backup methods everything is still on site at your home, what if something happened to your home or office, a fire, a flood, a disgruntled family member or former employee? Off site back up is the only really truly safe way to backup your files in a safe and secure way.
What are all of your pictures worth to you? What are all of your movies and MP3’s worth? Anyone who has gone through a hard drive crash would tell you they wished they had a backup. The team here at Be Your Own IT has gone through our share as well, as recently as 1 month ago we had a hard drive with 35,000 songs on it crash…. At $1.00 a song well, you can do the math, of course we have a Mozy account and everything was safe and sound. There are a few alternatives to using an online backup system:
• Burn a new CD or DVD every Sunday night and store it at your brother-in-law's office.
• Pay $200/year for an online backup service that uses old, mediocre software.
• Buy a $200 external hard drive and hope your office doesn't burn down.
• Do nothing and don't worry about backup. (“Ignorance is Bliss isn’t it?.")
Either way none of these solutions really fix the issue. Lets face it even if you choose one of these methods who can remember to do it all the time, who has the time to get around to backing up their files? The real solution is finding a secure, affordable, online backup system to protect your photos, music, outlook email files, address book, movies, and other important documents, we have found that solution and it is Mozy. The best part is they even let you try it for free, and not one of those weak 100MB trials, you get a full 2GB, enough to backup thousands of music and photo files! If you are looking for an safe secure backup system for all of your computers files we suggest trying out Mozy, we have and we LOVE it, below is a link to get your two free GB today, no setup fee, no credit cards, and no expiration.